MY SKINCARE ROUTINE
It’s no secret that I’m no beauty junkie. I’ve been using the same face cream pretty much my whole life. However, the older I get, the more I learn about my body and my skin, about about what feels right and what doesn’t.
I don’t have bad skin whatsoever but I realised that the cream I was using was way too oily for my complexion and that finding something that works for me would probably make a world of difference. I wanted to find a more serious face care routine for a while but wasn’t sure where to start. When I tested out a few Shiseido products a few months ago, I loved the smells, the textures and the concept behind their IBUKI line which is all about prevention and protection for young but ageing skin. Also, the beauty noob in me just had a sense of confidence in a Japanese skin care brand. My Japanese friends just have the best skin!
I hope you like the video.
- IBUKI gentle cleanser: a gentle but effective cleanser at the same time
- Power infusing concentrate: I’m not going to lie, I’m not 100% sure what this does or how it works but this is by far my favourite product. It just gives my skin a flawless finish and makes it so much smoother.
- IBUKI eye cream & IBUKI protective moisturiser: these are not oily whatsoever but still give your skin a bit of a glow and the moisturiser is SPF 15
- IBUKI quick fix mist: a refreshing gel-mist that actually prevents your make-up from creasing too which is my biggest issue in the heat
- Perfect cleansing oil: don’t be put off by the word oil, even if you have oily skin, this literally melts your makeup off your eyes and face before you cleanse
- IBUKI sleeping mask: this ones is a little gloopy in texture but as long as you don’t overdo it, it sinks into your skin and isn’t very “mask-like”. It gives your skin a boost of Vitamin C and E overnight.
Oh, and another thing I love about the products is that on the back of them, they tell you what order to use them in! Is it just me, or do you also get lost with the many million products on the market and how to combine them?
I’d love to know if you’ve tried any of these products and what you thought! Have a lovely day. xS