KALE CEASAR SALAD
I love reading up on superfoods and kale has been in the spotlight for a couple of years now. As with most things that are “trending”, we’re a couple years behind over here and it’s only just become easy to find kale in supermarkets and fruit and veg markets over here in Switzerland (I found this at the Coop).
I’m not big on greens but I am working on that and I thought that the only way I would actually eat raw kale was if it were lathered with a delicious ceasar dressing – a dressing thick enough to really coat the leaves and get into all those frizzy bits.
I love how this turned out!
- a few handfuls of kale, chopped
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- parmesan shavings (I use a vegetable peeler)
- 2 boiled eggs, cut into quarters (I like 6 minute boiled eggs for this)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- grilled chicken (optional)
For the Greek yogurt ceasar dressing:
- 100g Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- half a small lemon, juiced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 anchovies, finely chopped or you can also crush these through your garlic crusher
- salt & pepper to taste
To make the sauce, put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk well. I used a garlic crusher for both the garlic and the anchovies and this was a lot easier than trying to cut them finely enough. You’ll end up with a thick dressing but that’s exactly what you want.
Then, prepare your salad. I like to cut around the thick stalks in the kale leaves to make it easier to digest.
I made such a mess doing that that I had to put it in a clean bowl to take this shot below! It’s a messy but delicious business.
Have a great day! xS