HOMEMADE CRUNCHY GRANOLA
I have tried and tested so many granola recipes and this is the one, friends. This is the one.
I probably make it twice a month and top everything with… smoothie bowls, coconut yogurts, chia puddings, porridge and so much more. It’s crunchy, sweet but not too sweet, and lasts for weeks if stored in an airtight container. We also use this recipe to top the acai bowls at Le Pointu and it always goes down a treat!
Here’s what you need to make homemade crunchy granola:
- 240g oats
- 100g spelt flakes
- 45g dried coconut strips
- 25g dried coconut shavings
- 120g walnuts coarsely chopped (or any nut of your choice)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 30g treacle sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 65g olive oil
- 75g maple syrup
Step 1: Place all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Step 2: Pour in maple syrup and olive oil.
Step 3: Using clean hands, mix all of the ingredients together well.
Step 4: Spread granola out evenly on baking trays and bake at 150°C for 40 minutes.
Tips & tricks:
- If you are avoiding sugar, you could swap out the treacle sugar for blended dates.
- After about 20 minutes in the oven, the granola will start to colour around the edges of the baking tray. Use a spatula to move it around so it colours evenly.
- Store in a completely dry airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
The secret to this recipe is definitely the olive oil which makes the granola really crunchy and the salt to bring out all of the flavour. What do you put in your granola?
Let me know if you give this recipe a try and thank you so much for stopping by for a read. I hope to see you back here soon.
Big bisous. xS
Photos by Nicole Hertel