COME WITH ME TO ASCONA
A couple of weekends ago, I was lucky enough to spend a few nights in Ascona, Switzerland, with a bunch of other lovely bloggers and photographers. For the occasion, I pushed the boat out and gave vlogging (well, my version of vlogging) a go!
I have to say that I was utterly astonished by how beautiful Ascona is. It’s only a few hours away but you feel like you’re in a whole different country with a radically different climate.
Oh, and a little bit more about some of the places in the video and the things I liked the most:
How to get there?
From Lausanne, I took the train to Geneva, a flight to Lugano, 2 trains to Locarno and then the shuttle picked us up at Locarno station to go to Ascona. If I had a car, it would have been considerably easier to drive from Lausanne. It would have halved the travel time – turns out it’s only just over a 3 hour drive from home! Wherever you’re coming from, plan well as I have to say, it is a bit of a pain to get there but it’s well worth it when you do!
Where we stayed?
Parkhotel Delta – great pool and good location if you’re attending the JazzAscona.
Restaurants to recommend?
- The restaurant on the Isole di Brissago serves some pretty scrumptious gnocchi!
- Ristorante Al Piazza – we were there for the Louisiana Food Experience during the JazzAscona festival and it was out of this world! They brought over two chefs from Louisiana for the festival and I was so impressed with the quality of the food and the creativity in each of the dishes. Just watching the shots in the video make my mouth water.
- Blu Restaurant & Lounge – must try the semifreddo made with farina bona, a local gluten-free flour made from corn which has an acquired taste but I really liked it.
Things to do?
- If you’re planning a trip to Ascona, it’s worth trying to coincide with the JazzAscona – it’s a lot smaller than the Montreux Jazz that we all know and love but is so charming. And, China Moses was there this year and that’s certainly a good enough reason to go!
- You MUST visit the Brissago Islands and the botanic gardens on the islands – they are absolutely stunning and I’d say are even worth a visit under the rain
- Get the funicular up to Orselina and then Cardada for one of the most spectacular views!!
I’d love to hear your thoughts on the video – it’s a little different to what I’ve been doing recently but I really enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! xS