BAKED BANANA ACAI BOWL
I’ve made a loooot of acai bowls since posting this recipe a few months ago. No joke, I think I have probably served not far from 500 in the last two months at the restaurant! But that does mean that I have well and truly perfected the ultimate winter acai bowl – a baked banana acai bowl!
I love the cool acai mix and the warm caramelised bananas that just melt in your mouth.
This is how not to cut out acai during the winter time!
- 1 ripe banana sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon of muscovado sugar (or soft brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
Pre-heat oven to 220°C. Slice the banana diagonally into 1.5cm thick slices. Cover a small baking tray with greaseproof paper. Brush the paper with coconut oil. Place the bananas on the paper, brush the tops with coconut oil and cover with the two sugar types. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until soft and golden brown on top.
For the acai mix:
- 1.5 bananas, chopped and frozen
- a handful of mixed frozen berries
- 300ml coconut milk (I use Alpro’s coconut milk that you can drink so it’s a watery consistency)
- 100g pack of frozen acai (I got mine from Amazonian…looks like this:)
Serve with half a sliced banana, chia seeds, granola (I used Sooishi granola from Globus Delicatessa) and a few slices of warm baked banana just out of the oven!
What are your favourite winter breakfast foods?
Thanks for stopping by and see you back here soon! xS